Call for Papers
AMANTLE: A COLLECTION OF CRITICAL WRITING ON BOTSWANA LITERATURE IN ENGLISH
First Call for Abstracts
Amantle is a Setswana historical and philosophical concept that values democratic expression. It comes from the proverb “mafoko a kgotla a mantle otlhe”, it literally means that all words spoken in the ‘village round’ are beautiful, and, therefore acceptable.
A COLLECTION OF CRITICAL ESSAYS/ WRITING ON BOTSWANA LITERATURE IN ENGLISH
Petlo Literary Arts Trust aims to promote and further encourage the development of creative writing and literature in Botswana. In this respect we have published several books of Botswana Literature in English. For 2013 we would like to focus our attention on critical and analytical discourse by academics, students, journalists, writers, researchers, educators and theatre practitioners and other commentators on language and literature. The papers will be published as a book entitled as above.
The Petlo Literary Arts Trust invite:
1. Literary Essays on Aspects of Botswana Literature
2. Critical and Creative Responses to Botswana Literature
3. Autobiographies/Biographies on Literary Experiences
4. Commentary on Literature/ Writings/ Films set in Botswana
5. Reviews of Botswana Literature in English/ Book reviews/ Review of articles
6. Notes and Reports from Workshops and Conferences
7. Extracts from Dissertations and Long Essays from scholars of Botswana Literature
8. Works in Progress
9. Translations of Important Literary Pieces from any Botswana Language
10. Interviews with Writers from Botswana
11. Creative/ Critical journalistic pieces on Botswana, or about her literature
12. Creative Non-Fiction
13. Essays on the Teaching of Literature in Botswana
14. Gender issues in Botswana Literature
15. Development of Botswana Literature in English
16. Reflections on Writing Botswana Literature: Why I write and How
17. The Language of our Literature
Length of Abstract: 250 words.
Abstracts should include:
Ø Title of paper
Ø The theme addressed
Ø Name and academic title of author
Ø E-mail address and postal address
Ø Number of words in the abstract
Abstracts will be considered and responded to as they are submitted.
Deadline: 30TH December 2012
Send submissions in the form of abstracts to:
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstracts must be Microsoft Word documents and must be sent only electronically.