Thursday, December 5, 2013

ART IN BOTSWANA

The Minister of Education Pelonomi Venson-Moitoi is quoted in the local papers as saying, “Creative industries, on the other hand, are increasingly gaining recognition as a sector with one of the highest potential to create jobs for the youth as well as to keep them occupied. Creative services, performing arts, cultural sites and new media, amongst others, have the potential to drive the economy and make Botswana a better place to live in.” Hallelujah. 

Not much detail beyond whats contained in this article on MMEGI, the gist of which is that the Minister aims to introduce arts scholarships for deserving Batswana by the time her term in office ends in 2014.

I have to say I take everything thats said in the lead up to an election year with a pinch of salt but that doesn't mean I can't simultaneously cross my fingers. I always assumed thats why we have two hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment